If your dog was stung by a bee, it's time to take action. To figure out the best course of action for your pup, you'll have to first determine what kind of bee stung him (or her). Luckily, there are only three types of bees that live in North America: honeybees (which are harmless), carpenter bees (which can sting humans but not dogs) and bumblebees (which will definitely hurt your dog).
If your dog was stung on the nose, there may be a stinger still lodged in the skin.
If your dog was stung on the nose, there may be a stinger still lodged in the skin. To remove it, try using a credit card or other hard object to scrape it out. If this isn't possible, call your vet immediately so they can remove it safely with tweezers.
Afterwards, apply ice to reduce swelling and pain.
Your dog will probably start to lick or bite at the area where it was stung.
Your dog will probably start to lick or bite at the area where it was stung. This is a natural reaction, and it's not meant to cause more harm. However, it can be a sign of an allergic reaction. If your pet seems to be having difficulties breathing after being stung by a bee or wasp, you should call your veterinarian as soon as possible—this could be an indication that there's something wrong with their throat or airway.
Look for signs of an allergic reaction.
Look for signs of an allergic reaction. Swelling, hives, drooling and vomiting are all symptoms of an allergic reaction. If your dog shows any of these symptoms after being stung by a bee or wasp, it's time to head to the vet immediately.
Look for signs of an allergic reaction, including swelling, hives, drooling, vomiting and diarrhea.
Swelling: Your dog's tongue or the area around his mouth may swell, and his gums might turn blue. This is a sign of an allergic reaction.
Hives: Hives are red bumps that appear on your dog's skin when he has an allergic reaction to something such as bee stings, medications or foods. If you notice hives on your dog's skin after being stung by a bee, take him to the vet immediately because hives can be poisonous if left untreated for too long.
Drooling: If you notice drool coming out of your pooch’s mouth after he was stung by a bee (or other insect), it could mean he may have swallowed some venom while defending himself against the attack. He could also be having trouble breathing due to swelling in his throat and chest areas from the venom being absorbed into his system through his lungs' airways—this would make him cough up some liquidy mucus as well as blood if there’s any damage done internally!
You should move quickly after your pup has been stung by a bee.
The next thing you should do is move quickly to remove the stinger. This means don't use your fingers or tweezers to pluck it out, as that can make things worse by sending more venom into your dog's skin. Instead, use a piece of paper (like a credit card) or an object that has no sharp edges and gently swipe across the stinger until it's detached from your pup's body.
There are two things you want to avoid doing at this point: using ice or heat on their wound. Applying either can cause swelling, which could worsen their symptoms and make them feel more pain than necessary.
If you suspect your dog has been stung by a bee, you should move quickly. If it’s not too late, try to remove the stinger from the nose area and administer an antihistamine for the allergic reaction. It can be tricky to get the stinger out of your pup’s skin if there is one still lodged there; if that happens, call your vet immediately!